Show Symbol
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maestro2711

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2021 :  17:42:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been using for a couple of years, working on a big project which I finished and stitched. I must have found out how to do this when I started, but now seem to have forgotten. I have a WHITE stitch with a W in it. I want the W, or symbol to show when I insert a stitch. It seems that everything is defaulting to inserting the color of the stitch and not the symbol. there has to be something to click on to set this option but I am not finding it.

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2021 :  20:14:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the home tab, there is an option for "Display Stitches As" with a white star and blue background right above the words. That gives options to help you with the design. This is separate from the printing although a similar set of options is available there.

The options for stitch display are: Solid Blocks, Symbols, Blocks and Symbols, Stitches, and Virtual Stitches.

The "Blocks" means color blocks. Blended stitches have both colors showing but otherwise it is a solid color of the stitch color. The Symbol by itself is a black symbol on a white (by default) background. This is most similar to what you see printed. Blocks and Symbols is the form I use - it is a black or white symbol over the color block. The symbol color is black for lighter colors and white for darker colors. Stitches and Virtual stitches are similar and are just the color as a stitch rather than as a block.

This has been the way it is done since I first started using the product (version 7) back in 2004. Some things work and don't change. You just may forget where things are if you haven't used it in a while and there is a lot to this product!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

maestro2711

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2021 :  10:00:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much. I remember seeing that, but had no idea where it was.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000