New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ferd Mazzia

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2021 :  16:22:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diane,
After accepting an import file over to be saved, I am having a problem with 5200 DMC floss not appearing in the list of colors. I usually have to add the color and view the symbols to get in the project that I am working on. I have increased my number of colors in the pallet but 5200 does not appear when moving over from the import screen. Any ideas???
Thank you for your time.

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2021 :  20:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most likely, the problem is the computer doesn't see that color in your image. Expanding the number won't help. If you don't get a white enough white, you can replace any color with the bright white color.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Ferd Mazzia

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2021 :  15:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diane,
I didn't mention the computer uses 3865 but not 5200
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2021 :  15:51:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I said, the computer saw your color and did not interpret it as "bright white". It is very very very common to have the computer suggest colors other than what we expect. It just sees colors differently. All you can do is replace colors it suggests with ones you would prefer.

Remember that importing an image is just the FIRST STEP! It is never intended to be the final pattern. It has always been expected for the user to tweak it - add colors, remove colors, change colors, change stitches, add special stitches ... all to me it YOUR design. This is just the jump-start for you.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000