Changing French Knot Size
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VAMAMA78

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  09:32:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello! I've been using PC Stitch for about 3 years now, but I'm wondering if there is a way to change the size of the french knots. I get the impression it's only for pattern print out, but I want to be able to see them smaller when I'm actually designing my patterns. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing? TIA!!!

Hillary Nestrick

VAMAMA78

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  09:55:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I figured it out y'all! This opens up a WHOLE NEW WORLD for my pattern design!!

Hillary Nestrick
Go to Top of Page

VAMAMA78

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  10:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, so now my question is, how can I make the french knots different sizes on the SAME pattern. I can change the size, but it applies to the whole pattern.....I'm designing a cross stitch pattern that uses french knots for buttons on a military uniform, so those need to remain small, but I'm also using french knots for a bouquet and I need those to be bigger. Thoughts???

Hillary Nestrick
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2020 :  15:15:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think that's possible. You would just have to make that information in the instruction section.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

MiniAni13

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2021 :  12:17:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For anyone curious, you can change the size of your French knots by using the "Floss Properties" window.

This can be accessed by right-clicking on the floss color in your palette and selecting "Properties." (Image: https://www.deviantart.com/chimerical-situation/art/Floss-Properties-Option-892654948)

Then use the dropdown menu to the right of "Frenchknot Style" to select the size and shape of the French knots you would like. Selecting "Dot" reduces the size of the French knots. (Image: https://www.deviantart.com/chimerical-situation/art/Floss-Properties-Window-892656863
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000