Crazy unreadable stitch symbols
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OlenaLutes

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  12:36:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I created a new pattern this week, the stitch symbols were nothing like I have seen before (I've done dozens of projects averaging 60-85k stitches and 250 colors). Now the symbols are unreadable and unclear. I can change the font or enlarge them on screen but the symbols are still just a - or . or other miniature tick or period at different places in the box. They were much more distinguishable before. I used to be able to replace individual stitch symbols as well...but that feature is also gone. I've re-downloaded the program but nothing has changed...and by the way, the menu bar a jumbled mess!!!! Please someone help me! Point me to a YouTube instruction video or something...there are no customer support numbers to call and they never reply to an email query. Thanks.

OM Lutes

Dragonlair

USA
2858 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  15:19:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is are helps. There is a built-in help option where you can search for specific information. There is a PDF file that is included with the install. There is a tutorial with the product to help you with the basics. There is lots of help!

You can change the fonts for the symbols but the default is PCStitch 3. There are two other PCStitch fonts available. You can change it pattern by pattern as well as the default font. If you have one in a font that you don't like, you can change ALL the colors in a given pattern to the coordinating symbols of a new font.

To change all stitches of any one color, just select the color, then select the symbols palette and then choose your symbol. Those that are in use are marked to make them easy to see. Note - with the PCStitch fonts, there are some duplicates as well as some codes that do not have symbols assigned.

If you email Mark, he does reply but the helps are there - try them.

One recommendation I give to ALL new users - play with the software. Just click here or there, see what happens. You can't hurt anything! Don't be afraid.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000