Switching from KG-Chart to PC Stitch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

disorderlystitches

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  13:58:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been using KG-Chart for awhile and I've made something like 40 patterns with it. I want to convert my files to something PC Stitch can read, is this possible? KG saves them as .sth files which I can't open in PCS. I don't want to go through the trouble of manually drawing them again in PCS :(

I sell my patterns and I like how the printed PCS charts look rather than KG. Thanks.

www.disorderlystitches.com

Edited by - disorderlystitches on 08/24/2012 13:50:36

Dragonlair

USA
2860 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  16:03:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PCStitch can't handle that format. There is a way to get them converted but it's not free. The product myriaCross Editor does support both formats. You can read it in as a .sth file and then save as .pat. Then PCStitch will be able to read it.

You can check http://www.myriacross.com/ for more information. I don't know if the base myriaCross product supports your base format or not.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

disorderlystitches

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  19:00:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That stinks that I would have to buy a whole other program :( Thanks for the info though!

Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2860 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  20:24:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, you will find that exact same problem regardless of what format you are currently using and what format you wish to use. These formats are very very restricted and "protected". Only a product such as myriaCross and myriaCross Editor will handle this situation.

PCStitch is is NOT the only product that only accepts the one format. Not that your KG-Chart only accepted it's own format.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

Daisy

128 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  09:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Disorderly Stitches

I had the same problem - switched from a very old piece of software for Mac to PC Stitch.

Had to re-chart every pattern (at the time over 30, some quite large), one stitch at a time. Very boring but worth doing as PCStitch is SO much better than anything else.

Put some music on and just get on with it - you'll be glad you did:)

Go to Top of Page

disorderlystitches

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  13:49:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't really mind redrawing it. In fact I find it oddly relaxing lol I just wanted to make sure that was the only [free] option before I went through the process.

Go to Top of Page

Daisy

128 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  23:51:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did try scanning in a copy of an old chart I'd done on the old Mac, to see if I could do it as an underlay or import. I think it might have worked if I'd been more patient - trying to match the sizes of the squares took too long!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000