PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 change palette

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
joecarquest Posted - 11/30/2020 : 23:14:08
I want to open my palette and make changes to the symbols with out opening a pattern. When I open a pattern it shows 250 out of 413 colors. I have already entered all my symbols for the colors I have in a palette.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 04/11/2021 : 22:19:00
I don't usually import images but I have done so and I just looked over the area.

When you import an image, click on the "Floss" tab. Then select to "Map colors to Floss Palette". From there you can browse to find any personal palettes you have created. You do need to know where they are located. What it does with the symbols, I don't know. That is the only way to create your own "sub-list" of colors or even a cross of multiple manufacturers in a single list.

Good Luck,

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
ssedor Posted - 04/11/2021 : 20:53:04
Hello,

I created a new floss palette with all of the DMC colors that I use and saved it with the symbols to be my current default palette when I start a new pattern.
I want to import a picture from my files and be able to use this default palette for all pictures that I want to import.
When I choose the option "map to current floss palette" in the import window, it changes all of the symbols and colors when it transfers to the pattern window.
Is there any way that this can be done with the import feature?

Sandra Sedor
Dragonlair Posted - 12/01/2020 : 07:44:08
You can define your own palette and set the symbols for that palette. However, it must be done within the constraints of a pattern. If you want a general palette, just click for a new pattern, set all your colors and their symbols and then save the palette. You can set that saved palette to be the default palette that comes up whenever you open the product and start a new pattern.

Each pattern can have a unique set of symbols - you cannot add to a palette without a pattern open because the software has no definition to that.

Note -- when you first select a color, a default symbol is defined. You can leave that and then change all the symbols later rather than taking the extra time to go back and forth between the Available Colors panel and the Symbols panel.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000