PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 11
 Print to pdf problem!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aaron Houston Posted - 05/16/2018 : 18:55:59
Hello,

I have been trying to solve this problem for too long now and maybe you guys can help me out. When I print to pdf with the virtual stitches checked I can not get rid of the lines! It doesn't do it with any of the other options. Only the virtual stitches. It wants the grid to be there so bad. I have turned off all grids in the print options and in the tools section as well. It's driving me crazy! please help
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dragonlair Posted - 02/22/2021 : 07:38:22
If this was working with no issues and suddenly started to happen, I would consider what else has changed on your computer - drivers, software updates, windows updates ... PCStitch has not changed at all in some time so it's not likely to be the culprit. I strongly suspect your problem is external to PCStitch and it's just the focus of the issue.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Lory Posted - 02/22/2021 : 02:42:28
Both unfortunately. I contacted PCSticth and I have no reply just yet.I need a way around this as this is my work. This is unpleasant and strange since it happened all of a sudden. And this is the laptop I use for working, I can just test out of curiosity on another one.
Dragonlair Posted - 02/21/2021 : 15:43:29
Is your problem with PDF or with jpeg? From your last post, I'm not sure.

However, a different laptop may be different. The hardware/driver configuration of your device does have impact on what happens - as well as how you create the PDF or jpg as well as how you view them.

Diane
Lory Posted - 02/21/2021 : 14:18:23
The pdf are ok when printed, but not ok when I save virtual with no grid, and then visualise them. Those pseudo lines appear. I use export as I need them as jpeg. So if I export as virtual stitches on jpeg or pdf I have the same lines that show. I used all types of save, with all resolutions, boxed checked and unchecked, dpi, backgrounds, stitches or blocks. I am lost. I hope I can hear from Aaron and he found a solution. I will keep on trying. It has to do with the resolution I think, when I visualise the jpeg normally I don't see them, when I change it, I make it smaller for my presentation, those lines are visible.I also tried all the steps in this topic and some more. I'll try some more, maybe even on another laptop.
Dragonlair Posted - 02/21/2021 : 12:20:47
I have no idea what could be causing the issue OTHER than possibly whatever print to PDF program you are using. I just did 2 tests (both using the PDF creation from my Foxit install). In both cases, I selected to print virtual stitches and one page. Then I turned off ALL the options on the Grid options tab. I got NO white pseudo grid lines in my image.

As for contacting the other user, once you have enough posts, you can email him. We require a minimum number of posts because of email spammers through this site a few years ago.

Good Luck,

Diane
Lory Posted - 02/21/2021 : 10:39:51
Me again, Diane, I see Aaron Houston was active last year on the forum, is there any way to message him if he found a solution, because my problem is identical to his.
Thank you.
Lory Posted - 02/21/2021 : 10:01:50
The issue is not gone.
I am using windows 10 home.
Problem appeared all of a sudden. I have it with both 10 and 11 version.
The steps I make: Export, virtual stitches, no grid, white background only, no lines so I can use the jpeg in Photoshop to edit. I tried to print to pdf, virtual stitches, one page, no grid, etc, same lines appear, they are not on every line, and the shift as I zoom in or out in photoshop.
I did uncheck the print grid tick box in "options" panel
I tried all version of printing and saving
I'd like to add an image but not sure how.
It's like all of a sudden, the white between the stitches is very visible, and as I modify the size of the image, the white appear as lines.
Dragonlair Posted - 10/10/2020 : 17:40:43
That version of PCStitch is no longer supported and, since I don't use that feature, I know nothing about it.

Is it just one pattern that has this issue?

I suggest you try the print to PDF with the print options set to try to avoid anything except the type of image you want and then use a product to extract a jpg from the PDF image. It's an extra step and you do have to set the options just right but it did work for me on a trial -- using version 11 and Win 10.

Diane
Lory Posted - 10/10/2020 : 12:38:50
Hello. I seem to have just the same problem but on version 10. I just realised recently maybe Windows had an update,but I did not work with the software just those weeks, and now when I export the file with virtual stitches - no lines, any background, to jpeg, then place it in photoshop, those white lines appear no matter what I do . It looks really bad on some patterns. Was there any solution to this? There is no problem with the printing, I just need the virtual image for my shop. I hope there is some help.
Dragonlair Posted - 04/28/2020 : 09:19:55
Marielle,

I have to first ask, what product are you using to print to PDF and what operating system are you using?

I've never tried what you mentioned so I tried it just now. I use Foxit as my PDF clone (less overhead than Adobe) and it works fine! I'm also using Windows 10 Home.

If you are using the print to PDF that is from Microsoft, it has a history of conflicts of various types with PCStitch and other products. I suggest you try something else if that is what you are using. I do not recommend Primo PDF because of it's response time (very slow) and it's more recent history of all sorts of bloatware it wants to install, even as you try to remove other bloatware it puts in! Foxit is free (just try to avoid the Phantom software - that's not free).

Good Luck,

Diane
marielle Posted - 04/28/2020 : 08:01:59
Hi, I am trying to highlight per color my stitches then save it to pdf. But when I am saving it to pdf it does show na bold grid lines. But when I print it on the paper without the highlight the bold gridlines were printed. Please help. I havent try printing the one with highlight setting because my printer broke down.

Czarina Marielle Gonzales
Dragonlair Posted - 05/18/2018 : 15:11:35
No, that's not what I said. PCStitch can "export" to a jpg.

What I have with Foxit is totally free. I refuse the "trials" for such as Phantom. I have no idea what they are but I just want an Adobe clone and a virtual printer.

With HP's print drivers, there are only two products that will actually print -- IE 11 (I'm on Windows 7) and Foxit. The way I print from everything else from Excel, to Word, to PCStitch, is to print to PDF (Foxit) and then print FROM Foxit. It's hokey and clunky but it works and it's better than spending an hour or so on the phone with HP every time I get a new printer.

Diane
Aaron Houston Posted - 05/18/2018 : 13:44:57
Yeah, I saw that foxit can convert to a jpeg. It requires you to sign up for an account and only has a 5-day free trial. So for this, it would work I'm sure but don't want to pay for the service.
Dragonlair Posted - 05/18/2018 : 12:38:03
I had not thought about converting the pdf to a jpg. You can export the image to a .jpg. That may save you a lot of issues.

There are other products for playing with a pdf, including converting to jpg, splitting and merging pdfs. I use PDF Core. I had another product but it used java and I got rid of that years ago. This one works fine except it cant spell "splitted". It does it with 1 "t".

Diane
Aaron Houston Posted - 05/18/2018 : 12:24:03
Ok well, for now There is a work around that is not ideal but may work for someone with this problem. PDFtoimage.com will convert your pdf into a jpeg or a png for you. This solves the problem. The downside is it shrinks your image by almost half (with the image i am working on anyway)
I am determined to figure this out and if I do I will report back here

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000