PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 10
 symbols

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stacey Posted - 07/21/2012 : 23:16:10
I am a fairly new user to this program. I have created a pattern and when I printed noticed the symbols were to small to distinguish between some of them. So I went in and manually changed a bunch so that there were not so many that were close to the same thing (ie .,*). I have been going back and forth between my printed copy and the computer as I adjust things on the actual project on fabric.

I was going in to check and change a couple of spots and my program updated. It has now changed all my symbols back to defaults. Is there any way I can fix this short of spending hours redoing it again.

I feel like crying. Please help!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stacey Posted - 07/23/2012 : 09:41:33
Thank you so much for trying to help me. And passing his info on to me. It was very frustrating last night redoing all that work and having it not save after hitting save several times.

Thanks again.
Dragonlair Posted - 07/22/2012 : 22:10:51
Mark is the owner of PCStitch and this site. You can email him at: mmiller@pcstitch.com

Give as detailed a description of the problem as you can. What you are doing, what you are expecting and what is happening. The more details, the better the chance that he can understand what is wrong and help you.

I'm OK giving the email addy - he's posted it enough times himself!

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
stacey Posted - 07/22/2012 : 22:02:17
So I really don't know what is wrong. I just spent 15 mins using my legend to change all the symbols back to what I had printed. I saved 3 times, did a print preview, saved again. Closed the program and reopened it and it had changed all my symbols again. So obviously there is something wrong or I am truly not doing something right. I would think if I saved it they should stay at what I have set them at but it is not.

Is there someone at the company I can contact to find out what is wrong? Thanks
stacey Posted - 07/22/2012 : 20:26:57
Its not that only one spot is being changed. All of that color was changed. Its that all the symbols were changed from what I assigned to some default symbols.

I had changed them because it was too hard to distinguish some of the symbols on the printed pattern.

I have not changed any of the symbols in this pattern since I adjusted them to make them easier to deal with. I have worked on another pattern that I was playing with for my hubby.

I have been in and out of this pattern as I worked on making it (on fabric) for the last couple of months. This is the first time it changed the symbols from what I had originally changed them too.

Who is Mark and how do I contact him?
Dragonlair Posted - 07/22/2012 : 20:15:24
Something in your last post caught my eye.

When you change the symbol for a font, it should change ALL occurrences of that color/symbol pair immediately. What are you doing that only some are being fixed?

Diane
Dragonlair Posted - 07/22/2012 : 20:13:56
I moved this thread to the PCStitch 10 forum (there is no PCStitch 10 Pro - it's all one version again) as more appropriate.

I have no idea why a change of symbols should undo itself. When you first create a pattern, it automatically assigns symbols to the colors you use, working incrementally through the default (or defined) font with each color. Then most people just click on the color of interest and then choose the symbol they want and all stitches (if any) become that symbol. A save makes it permanent (or at least until it's changed again).

If your save isn't saving the symbols, you may want to contact Mark on the issue. He might have more information for you.

Diane
stacey Posted - 07/22/2012 : 18:14:15
Also I know I saved it because I had gone in and made changes as I was working on the project after I had printed it. Updating spots where I missed changing a stitch here and there.
stacey Posted - 07/22/2012 : 17:57:40
I have PC Stitch Pro 10. I had saved the pattern and printed it back on July 3. When I opened it on July 21 it did an update and when I opened the pattern all the symbols were different.
Dragonlair Posted - 07/22/2012 : 07:28:36
You do not say what form of PCStitch you are using.

Once you change a symbol, it should stay if you save the pattern AFTER you change the symbol.

Diane

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000