PCStitch User Forums
PCStitch User Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 PCStitch Forums
 PCStitch 10
 Install under CrossOver Mac 11

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
heavenlyevil Posted - 06/04/2012 : 18:29:36
Like a bunch of the others on here, I gave up on Windows a long time ago and at this point only have an install kicking around for PC Stitch. Most of the time I'm in Linux or OS X, so I've been wondering if it's possible to install the program with crossover and ditch Windows entirely.

I realize I'm a huge nerd and most people will never troubleshoot this, but if someone would help me get this working I'll document the process and submit to crossover's database so other people can have it "just work" for them.

I've got the program (version 10.00.18) to install in a Windows Vista container by first installing the following dependencies:

CrossOver HTML engine (basically, IE)
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB953595)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB971276-v3)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP1
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Microsoft Core Fonts
Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Modern (supports anything after version 9)
Microsoft Visual Basic 6 SP6 runtime
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Redistributable
Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack
MSXML 6.0 Parser (KB925673)
XPS Essentials Pack

A lot of these are required when installing .NET 3.5. The others I figured out by checking the logs when the installer failed until I could get a clean install.

When I run PC Stitch I get asked to check for updates as normal, and I do that which gives me the "Your software is up to date" screen. Closing that window gives me the splash screen like it should, and then the program crashes with an "Application has generated an exception that can not be handled" message.

So, my question is: Are there any other dependencies for PC Stitch that I need to install for the program to run? My logs are no longer being helpful.

We're all mad here....You may have noticed I'm not all there myself. - Cheshire Cat
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jjobse Posted - 06/23/2012 : 23:38:18
Great...so I could view, but not work?

jus' jj
heavenlyevil Posted - 06/23/2012 : 22:04:59
jjobse, this method is incomplete. It lets you install the program, but not run it.

I'm working on it. If I figure it out I'll be sure to post here.

We're all mad here....You may have noticed I'm not all there myself. - Cheshire Cat
jjobse Posted - 06/23/2012 : 17:20:54
Whoa! I'm a bit lost here. Have a new Mac (gift) but PCS is not compatible. It looks like there is a way...however I need some (VERY) simple directions. Any takers? I'd be forever grateful!

jus' jj
steelrod Posted - 06/11/2012 : 11:04:53
heavenlyevil

send me your email addy and ill let you know of a program that works on my imac
heavenlyevil Posted - 06/05/2012 : 09:15:45
Personally I don't care for Apple's stance on openness either, but my husband loves OS X and it's his primary OS. I put Linux on everything since I can install whatever I want on it and make it however I like.

Thankfully, CrossOver is available for both Mac and Linux, but I'm trying this first in OS X since that will be the most useful case for others. I'm willing to bet that the group of people that use Linux as their primary OS and use PC Stitch almost daily is limited to yours truly.

Dragonlair Posted - 06/04/2012 : 20:17:31
This is a question that only Mark can answer. I don't have the foggiest idea.

You couldn't PAY me to use a mac. I used them years ago and was never happy with them. I prefer the flexibility of the PC rather than the take-it-or-leave-it attitude of Apple.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question

PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000