Mac Printing Issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Quin

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  00:06:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all- I've used the contact us form but thought maybe someone here could help:
I have a customer who is having major issues using PCSViewer to print on his PowerMac G4. He specifically reports having a lot of problems with symbol overlap and duplicates. His overlap issues are best described by him (I've never run into these myself but I'm using a PC)- I had suggested he try sizing the font a bit smaller but misunderstood his problem as he is having several symbols used together to represent 1 color (if I'm understanding his explanation below correctly):

quote:
Cell overlap: In the version of PCStitch Viewer that I downloaded (Ver 7.1.1) there is no ability to change font size. In the Advanced menu, there is a pull down menu for fonts, but nowhere is there a font size box or Change Font window that has any font size options. Also, the overlap is not due to the font size, it is due to the fact that the symbol for the color is comprised of up to five characters, e.g., a box, a diamond, a black box, a half-black box , and a triangle as the symbol for one color. (In a couple of other different fonts I tried, these problem symbols for the same colors were represented by <ETH> for one symbol, and <THORN> for a different color symbol. The extra characters spill over onto the symbols in the prior cell(s), making it near impossible to read them.

Maybe some of you Mac users have run into the same issues or have an idea he could use to work through these problems? Thanks for any help!

-Quin

-------------------
What if the hokey-pokey IS what it's all about?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000