crochet?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

tkesummer

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  00:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to make a chart for line picture crocheting (using single and double crochets). Is pcstitch able to make a chart for this purpose?

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  07:45:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PCStitch (not the pattern viewer) can be used for any project that uses a "grid" pattern. This does include some crochet (such as fillet crochet). I don't know about double-crochet because those stitches are elongated but you can define your "blocks" to be other than square.

The key is how you interpret each square of the grid. Depending on the craft, it can be a cross-stitch, a latch hook knot, a bead, a crochet stitch - anything that can be represented in a grid pattern.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

tkesummer

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  10:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Diane - next question: does pcstitch come with a tutorial? I have NO idea how it works.
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlair

USA
2851 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  12:01:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, there is a tutorial as well as full helps on the features. There is no "manual" for it, just the helps and tutorials.

The best way to learn is by doing. Play with it. You can't really hurt anything.

Diane
There is no such thing as a stupid question
Go to Top of Page

CookiesXSt

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2022 :  22:17:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tkesummer

I want to make a chart for line picture crocheting (using single and double crochets). Is pcstitch able to make a chart for this purpose?

You can use XStitch Patterns to make graph afghans. Each square equals a stitch, so you wouldn't want too many stitches or your project will be too large. Single Stitch or Afghan Stitch is perfect for using Cross Stitch Charts. You can also crochet your entire piece (i.e. afghan or blanket) and work a cross stitch over each stitch. The Single Stitch makes the design at a slight angle but not distort too bad where the Tunisian/ Afghan Stitch are straight like the squares on graph paper. Double crochet could be used, but your stitches will be taller which might effect your design.

Cookie

Edited by - CookiesXSt on 06/22/2022 22:23:53
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
PCStitch User Forums © 2006 M&R Technologies, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000